Marike van Dijk
Functie: Research psychologist at Tactus and NISPA
Since 2009 I work at Tactus Addiction Service. I started as research coordinator for the SumID-study (see Joanneke van der Nagel and Marion Kiewik). To study the Substance Use and Misuse in Intellectual Disability, I visited a lot of Social Services (LVB instellingen) throughout the Netherlands, to set up a proper collaboration so our research assistants could interview clients. Since face to face contact with the clients is such an important inspiration and resource to me, I also interviewed clients were possible. These experiences increased my interest this population.
My experiences in our (Forensic) clinics made me realize that an Intellectual Disability (ID) is quite common, the ID often remains unrecognized. The failure to systematically identify clients with ID might interfere with standard treatment protocols, which often do not systematically take into account the specific needs of individuals with ID (To et al., 2015). The increased vulnerability for treatment dropout in this groups of SUD patients justifies early identification of these high risk patients.
Prevalence and screening od ID within SUD patients are main topics in this PhD project called TactIQ. Due to better screening, SUD/ID patients should receive addiction treatment which is adapted to their skills and needs. Examples of tailord treatment interventions are “the SumID-Q” (also available in Flamish and Danish) or “Minder drank en drugs”.
- Gezondheids- en veiligheidspsychologie (Universiteit Twente)
- Psychodiagnostisch Werk (Hogeschool IJselland)
- 2012- heden: beleidsmedewerker / onderzoeker (Tactus verslavingszorg)
- 2009-2012: onderzoekscordinator o.a. SumID (Tactus Verslavingszorg)
- 2008-2009: onderzoeker GGD Flevoland
- 2007: Onderzoeksassistent Data-analyse
- 2005: Onderzoeksassistent Data-entry
- 2003-2004: Stage en bachelorthese revalidatiecentrum 't Roessingh